- We do not sell our users’ private personal information.
- We require some basic information (an email address) to create an account. All other information you provide, such as your name or phone number, is optional.
- We track non-identifiable information about you, such as how often you use HiHello, in order to better understand use. We use this information to improve our services.
- Our websites
- Our mobile applications
Information we collectWe only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so–for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to make our Services better.We collect information in three ways: if and when you provide information to us, automatically through operating our services, and from outside sources. Let’s go over the information that we collect.Information You Provide to UsThe amount and type of information depends on the context and how we use the information. Here are some examples:
- Basic Account Information: We ask for basic information from you in order to set up your account. For example, we require individuals who sign up for an account to provide a username and an email address. You may provide us with more information – like your name.
- Public Profile Information: If you have an account with us, we collect the information that you provide for your public profile. Your public profile is just that–public–so please keep that in mind when deciding what information you would like to include.
- Communications with Us: You may also provide us information when you respond to surveys, communicate with us about a support question, or post a question about your site in our public forums.
- Log Information: Like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information. We collect log information when you use our Services.
- Usage Information: We collect information about your usage of our Services. For example, we collect information about the actions that site administrators and users perform on a site–in other words, who did what, when and to what thing on a site. We also collect information about what happens when you use our Services along with information about your device (e.g., mobile screen size, name of cellular network, and mobile device manufacturer). We use this information to, for example, provide our Services to you, as well as get insights on how people use our Services, so we can make our Services better.
- Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our Services from certain geographic regions.
- Stored Information: We may access information stored on your mobile device via our mobile app. We access this stored information through your device operating system’s permissions.
How we use informationWe use information about you as mentioned above and as follows:
- To provide our Services
- To further develop our Services
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with our Services, which helps us improve our Services and make them easier to use
- To personalize your experience using our Services.
Sharing informationHow We Share InformationWe do not sell our users’ private personal information.
We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- Third Party Vendors: We may share information about you with third party vendors who need to know information about you in order to provide their services to us. This group includes vendors that help us provide our Services to you (like payment providers that process your credit and debit card information) and those that help us understand and enhance our Services (like analytics providers). We require vendors to agree to privacy commitments in order to share information with them.
- As Required by Law: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
- With Your Consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction. For example, we may share your information with third parties with which you authorize us to do so.
- Aggregated and De-Identified Information: We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our Services.
- Published Support Requests: And if you send us a request (for example, via a support email or one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish that request in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users.
- Limit the Information that You Provide: If you have an account with us, you can choose not to provide the optional account and profile information.
- Limit Access to Information On Your Mobile Device: Your mobile device operating system should provide you with the ability to discontinue our ability to collect stored information or location information via our mobile apps.
- Opt-Out of Electronic Communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us. Just follow the instructions in those messages. If you opt out of promotional messages, we may still send you other messages, like those about your account and legal notices.